Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Know Who I Am!

Have you taken the time to look around lately? If you did, you probably have found something similar to what I've found. Everyday it appears that there are people walking this earth and living life with no care. Well, of course, everyone is living their life and this is very normal. The problem is, people don't really know who they are, they don't know why they are here, they don't know how they are here, and they definately don't have a clue on how to get out of here when that very appointed second arrives for their departure.

It was stated earlier that just simply living the clueless everyday life is indeed normal. You see, the problem with this world is, there are absolutely too many normal folk around. If this is normal, then I want to be STRANGE. I don't want to be normal.

I know who I am, I know why I am here, I know how I am here, and I know how to be saved. I am a Christian. Many people have a messed up perception of what Christianity is. We think we are born a Christian, but this is no where near the Truth. A person is never born a Christian, but he is BORN AGAIN a Christian. For it is written, "....Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." John 3:5. You must be born again.

So here it is, I am a Born again of water and of the Spirit Christian. What exactly does this mean? Well, I have been baptized in the Name of Jesus Chirst for the remission of my sin, this is the "WATER". I have been filled with the Spirit of God, by faith and by the Grace of God. When I received the Holy Ghost, I bagan to speak with tongues as the Spirit gave the utterance, just like it said in the written Scripture. This is being born of the Spirit. Now I have truelly become a Christian. I am a Pentecostal. Don't get it wrong, Pentecostal is not some denomination, it is an experience. On the day of Pentecost in Acts chapter 2, the 120 were filled with the Holy Ghost and are known as Pentecostals. I am a Pentecostal because I received this same experience, the Holy Ghost! But wait there's more. I am not just a Pentecostal, I am an Apostolic Pentecostal. Apostolic is not some denomination, it is a doctrine. Apostolics teach and preach exactly what the Apostles of old taught and preached. The Apostles preached, "The Oneness of God - Jesus is God manifested in Flesh", Water baptism in Name of Jesus Christ", The Infilling of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking with tongues", Holiness - Seperation from the world", "Modesty", "Gifts of the Spirit", "Fruit of the Spirit", and many other precious teachings of the Apostles given by Jesus Christ. One more nugget for you today; Holiness is not a denomination, it is a way of life, it is a lifestyle.

The norm is people living their lives with the false perception of Christianity. Again, I don't want to be normal, so I will search the scriptures and do all that it takes to ensure that I am saved in the end. You must be born again my friend.


Troyce Mack











7 Berkeley St.
Manning, SC 29102
Pastor David W. Gleason; Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment